Friday, July 6, 2007

Steak Results

So I cooked the steak last night...few thoughts:

1) Trader Joe's SUCKED. They didn't have so much of what I wanted/needed. Biggest change was they had no Kale, so I had to improvise. As you can see I cooked up some garlicy red potatoes and green beans

2) They also didn't have the right kind of bread, but I bought some foccacia bread which turned out really well (although I think i cut it a little too thick, was a little hard to cut/eat)

3) This dish turned out to be the best looking thing that I have ever cooked. Looked impressive and tasted really really good. I think in the future I realized i need to make more of the garlic butter sauce. I was surprised how much the bread absorbed (but by the end where the bread was kinda mushy from the sauce, that with the steak and some onions was AMAZING).

4) I was really proud of myself for juggling 4 burners and the oven all at once (in fact I didn't have enough pots to cook w/, so had to cook the onions/peppers then pull them off to make the rest of the sauce).

Overall this meal went very well, and I would definitely recommend it in the future.

No comments: