Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crab Cake results

IMPORTANT NOTE: Special thanks to Christine for the MARVELOUS crab cake recipe. Although exact specifications are a secret.




Well...tonight was interesting. Lets just say i'm only typing w/ 4 fingers on my right hand as the other one is bandaged up from nearly cutting it off (lesson DONT COOK rushed).

I started out tonight w/ Bruchetta. Used pico but then added some shallots and fresh basil. Turned out pretty well overall.

Potatoes: I actually really liked this recipe. It was the perfect side for the crab cakes as it was nice and creamy and just complemented the crab cakes really well. Only note would be to watch how much cream you add to the potatoes, some were a little liquidy. Would definitely make them again (easy to make especially w/ a mandoline...just be careful!)


Crab Cakes:
Overall i was really happy with how these turned out. They were pretty spicy, perfect for me but maybe too much for some other people. Basically be careful w/ the sriracha sauce. Although considering i gave no measurements, hard to say was "less" would be. I did cook them in oil in the pan. I think this worked pretty well. If i had more time, maybe i'd cooking in the pan then put in the oven for a bit (only because they stayed a little oily out of the pan, so maybe a little oven time would get rid of that).



Mango salsa:
was interesting cutting mangos. only note would be make sure the mangos are nice and soft when you buy them, mine weren't quite ripe, which hurt the flavor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.